on top and even with the front of the radiator. Nose piece shall start from where hood ends to a maximum of 20"
in front of front axle centerline. They all may have 2" maximum lips up or down on both sides following the
contour of the body. The hood, nose, and spoiler may not overlap each other's location on the frame. Any part of the hood may not exceed 10 degrees nor can sheet metal have an opening or extrusion between the hood and nose. Hood must extend over the radiator and have complete sides.
Front windshield opening: for the optional ram air style scoop, a 10" vertical measurement from lowest point of
roof or roll cage to highest point on hood, including the hood scoop. is required. For the conventional type scoop a 8" vertical measurement will be required.
An optional hood scoop mounted on top of the hood for the purpose of enclosing the carburetor or ram will be allowed providing they meet specifications. Both style scoops may use fiberglass. The option of keeping the hood fully enclosed will also be allowed.
Ram air type scoop: Maximum length is 30" measured from rear motor plate to front of hood scoop.
Maximum width 18". The front vertical opening of the scoop can be a maximum of 6" at the beginning of the scoop only, The overall height of this scoop must maintain a minimum of 10" of vertical vision for the driver. The measurement will be taken from a horizontal line from the highest point of the hood scoop to the lowest point of the front roll cage and or roof. Hood scoop must be fastened to the hood and completely enclose the carburetor and air filter. A tolerance of 1/2" will be allowed on all these dimensions.
Conventional no ram air scoop: a maximum of 25" is allowed from center of the carburetor forward. The width allowed is a maximum of 22". The height must maintain a minimum of 8" of vertical vision from the top of the scoop to the lowest point under roof or roll cage.
INTERIOR SHEET METAL
Any horizontal body support, other than the inner pods, whether in front or rear must be a maximum of I" deep
by I" thick tubing or flat stock only. No inside or outside wings, spoilers, air foils or wind deflectors are allowed. No double panels will be allowed that creates a wing effect. A I" maximum reinforced lip will be allowed on all lexan, but all allowable measurements must still be maintained. All inner sheet metal used must completely cover areas from door to door, quarter panel to quarter panel. No holes or openings are allowed in this area. No vertical fins, air dams, or farings allowed on the sides or behind the roll cage. Sheet metal must be flat single plane across the inside of the car. No covered roll bars for aerodynamic purposes are allowed. Sheet metal that is one piece and part of a body panel bent around tubing, for purposes of protecting the driver or finishing off panel, is not considered an aerdynamic advantage provided it is not to excess. No louvers or holes in the interior or exterior sheet metal are permitted with the exception being the cooling of the radiator, engine, and oil cooler. The floor
pan or underpan may not be any wider than the frame, from front to back, and may not have any lips or fins
Numbers must be distinguishable. Limited to three digits, two shall be primary numbers. Numbers are required on roof, nose, rear deck and both doors. Numbers shall be a minimum of 18" high on the roof and doors, and 8" high for the rear deck and nose. Do not let nerf bars block scorer's visibility.
SPORTSMAN CHASSIS SPECIFICATION
1. Only 2X4 box frames are permitted between axle centers, front and rear. The 4" side must be vertical. Frame rails must be steel only. All 2 X 4 rails must be .120" wall thickness only. A 3/16 hole may be drilled in frame rail
to check for thickness. No other holes are allowed. All tubing allowed for the frame rails must either be 1 1/2" diameter x .095" wall or 1 3/4" x .095" wall.
2. Frame width shall be as follows: Front at shock towers: 24" minimum, 35" maximum. Rear: 26" minimum, 35" maximum. The minimum frame width at the rear roll bar must be 26". All measurements are to be taken from the outside of the frame rails. All measurements shall be taken at both top and bottom of frame at its longest length. Clips, sub-frames, etc. are considered part of the frame.
3. Minimum length of the 2 X 4 frame rails must start at 14" in front of rear axle centerline and extend to the front of the radiator. All kick up material must be same specifications as the roll cage or frame material. Left and right frame rails, both top and bottom rails, must be equidistant from the driveline centerline in a vertical plane along the total length of frame.
4. Titanium or carbon fiber materials are not allowed on the chassis.
1. Only round steel roll over bars may be used. Front and rear roll bars must be connected at top in a cage type configuration. Two round horizontal side bars on each side are mandatory. The top side bar must be a maximum
of 20" below the top roll bar. Proper bracing and triangulation on front and rear roll bars is required. It is recommended that all roll bar bracing be a minimum of 1 1/2" diameter by .095" wall thickness, A minimum of
one diagonal bar across the top of the roll cage is mandatory.
2. The rear main roll bar hoop must be a minimum of 26" measured across from outside to outside of tubing and must maintain that measurement from the bottom all the way to the top of the cage. Bottom of the rear roll bar must be welded to the 2 x 4 frame (No outriggers). The front roll bar must be measured and constructed the same way, except that the allowable taper in the frame rules will govern the width dimension.