2016 602 Crate Sportsman Rules
These rules are posted here as conveyance only, Not responsible for any type Os or copying mistakes.
Call the track office at 607-745-0275 or ask at the track for a official printed copy.
602 Crate Sportsman Rules:
1. The General Motors (GM)/ Chevrolet Performance Engine part number #88958602 / 19258602 is the only engine permitted
2. Stock Rocker arms that came with motor only or Replacement valve spring part # GM10212811
3. OEM style fan and water pump crank driven.
4. No electric fans and clutch fans.
5. No evacuation pumps of any kind. Mechanical, electrical or otherwise not allowed. Engines must
pull a minimum of 19 inches of vacuum at idle.
1. No Tri - Y headers.
1. HEI distributor that comes with motor.
1. One 650 cfm Holley allowed. The only allowed part numbers are Holley 4777 and Holley 80777, or
Holley 4150Series 80541-1.
2. CARBURETOR must maintain stock venturie and throttle bore dimensions: primary venture 1 ¼”.
3. CARBURETOR must remain stock in all respects.
4. Booster height must remain stock (no cutting or polishing).
5. No visible modifications without disassembly.
6. Go/no go gauge measurements valid on hot or cold carburetor.
7. Carburetor maximum height measured from bottom or carburetor base to machines horizontal
gasket surface of block with 7” in both front and rear of block. Carburetor modifications allowed are
listed. Any other modifications not mentioned are not legal
1. Holes drilled in the throttle plates for proper idling
2. Drilling, tapping and plugging of unused vacuum ports.
3. Welding of throttle shaft to linkage arm.
4. Drilling of idle or high -speed air correction jets.
5. Milling of center carburetor body metering block surface a maximum of .015” on each side.
6. Removal of choke plate and shaft
7. The jets may be changed as needed.
1. Steel or Aluminum wheels 2400 pounds with driver, without adding fuel.
2. Track scales are official – no protests or appeals allowed on their findings. NOTE: any car found
under weight by officials will be completely disqualified for the night.
1. In order to participate in the season ending point fund fuel must be purchased from the track
2. No nitro or any other additives.
3. All cars are subject to random testing.
4.Any car found with illegal fuel is subject to a fine of disqualification and loss of points.
5. Stock fuel pump only.
6. No oxygenated fuel
1. Mufflers are recommended
1. Only 2 x 4 box frames are permitted between axle centers, front and rear. The 4” side must be
vertical. Frame rails must be steel only. All 2 x 4 rails must be .120” wall thickness only. At the
discretion of the officials, it may be necessary to drill a 3/16” hole in frame rail for inspection of
thickness. No other holes will be permitted. All tubing permitted for the frame rails must be either
1 1/2” dia. x .095” wall or 1 3/4” x .095” wall.
2. Frame width is as follows: Front (at shock towers): 24” minimum, 35” maximum. Rear: 26” minimum,
35” maximum. The minimum frame width at the rear roll bar must be 26”. All measurements are to
be taken from the outside of the frame rails. These measurements shall be taken at both top and
bottom of frame at its longest length. Clips, sub - frames, etc. are considered part of the frame.
3. Minimum length of the 2 x 4 frame rails must start at 14” in front of rear axle centerline and extend
to the front of the radiator. All kick up material must be same specifications as the roll cage or frame
material. Left and right framerails (both top and bottom rails) must be equil - distant from the
driveline centerline in a verticalplane along the total length of frame. The only exceptions will be the
lower left rear frame rail, which will be permitted at 4” maximum indent for suspension clearance,
and the two upper frame rails in the engine compartment to allow for the clearance of large cylinder
4. Titanium or carbon fiber materials are not permitted on the chassis.
1.“DIRT” style sportsman specifications
2. No sail panels, wings, etc. allowed.
3. Only aluminum or steel will be allowed for all inner and outer body panels.
American Racers, Min. 38 allowed on Right Rear and Min. SD 33 on the other locations,
Buffing, grooving, or siping will be allowed. No tires chemically altered. Tires will be checked with
durometer and sniffer on scales after feature events. Tire markings from the manufacturer can’t be altered.
TRANSMISSION: *If your transmission is "legal" by DIRTcar, Fivemile Point, I88, Penn Can or Thunder Mountain rules then you will be legal at Skyline Raceway Park
REAR END REQUIREMENTS: *If your rear-end is "legal" by DIRTcar, Fivemile Point, I88, Penn Can or Thunder Mountain rules then you will be legal at Skyline Raceway Park
1. All cars must have a battery. No 16 volt batteries allowed. Maximum voltage 14 volts.
2. All cars must have a self-starter in good working condition.
SHOCKS: *If your shocks are "legal" by DIRTcar, Fivemile Point, I88, Penn Can or Thunder Mountain rules then you will be legal at Skyline Raceway Park
1. Aluminum or Steel wheels only.
2. No carbon fiber of plastic wheels.
It is strictly prohibited to tamper with or remove the factory seals on a crate engine. These engines are not repairable, rebuildable, or reseaslable. In the event that a crate engine should need a repair which requires the removal of one or more of the seal bolts, that engine is now considered unusable and must be removed from competition. A new legal crate engine must be obtained for any further competition at Skyline Raceway Park. Anyone caught tampering with or removing a seal bolt from a crate engine in order to access the internal workings of the engine shall be immediately disqualified, fined $500, and stripped of all accumulated points up to the time of the infraction. The engine will not be allowed to compete again at Skyline Raceway Park.
ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE RULES WILL BE TO THE DISCRECTION OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS.
TRACK OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL