2013 MANDATORY SAFETY RULES FOR ALL DIVISIONS
1. All cars subject to Inspection at any time and must be free from mechanical defects and be in safe racing condition.
2. Driver's seat must be securely fastened to frame or cage in six spots, four on bottom and two on seat back. Six 3/8" bolts minimum, Seats mounted over drive lines must have a minimum 1/8" steel plate under and up the back 4" and be as wide as seat. All seats must be aluminum, no fiberglass.
3. Driveshaft cover mandatory. All cars with open driveshaft must have a tunnel, minimum of 1/8" thick steel
from 2" under front edge of seat to back of transmission covering shaft and u-joint on top and both sides down to floor boards. It must be held in place with a minimum of four 3/8" diameter bolts at bottom to a substantial cross- member, this driveshaft cover must be a solid unit with no cutaway for lightening purposes.
4. Mandatory padded head rest must be in line with center of driver's head, shock resistant roll bar padding on all bars that driver's head may come into contact with while strapped into seat. Also on center type steering, both housings must be padded with same type of material.
5. Mandatory 3" wide safety belt and shoulder harness with 2 belts over shoulder and of the quick release type. Also a minimum of one submarine strap. All belts must be securely fasten to the frame or cage. Cam lock seat
belts not allowed.
6. It is mandatory that all drivers wear a approved helmet and neck brace. *Snell Rated 2005/2010 rated helmets are mandatory. Firesuits, belts, window nets, gloves, racing shoes and harness must be used at all times. Recommended: full face helmet, fire retardant underwear, arm restraints.
7. A full screen of substantial material, no chicken wire or aluminum, must cover entire windshield area.
8. Round steel rollover bars. Front and rear rollover bars must connect at top, cage type. Two side bars on each side are mandatory. Top side bar must be minimum of 20" below top rollbar. Also proper bracing and triangulation of front and rear rollbars is required. A minimum of one diagonal bar across the top of the rollcage
Roll bars at 1 1/2" diameter by 120 wall will be the minimum size allowed for all divisions. Rollbars of 1 3/4" diameter will require a minimum of .095 wall. Highly recommended all bracing of cage be a minimum of 1 1/2" round tubing .095 wall.
9. All cars must have four wheel hydraulic brakes, all in good working order. Brake tests may be held throughout the year, may have right shut off.
10. Firewalls, front and rear mandatory. Rear firewall must extend from top of fuel cell to belly pan. Minimum of 20 gauge thick aluminum or steel only. Belly pan must extend from rear motor mount plate to rear firewall and be attached. Battery must be properly secured and must have top terminals completely covered by rubber.
11, No pressure tanks allowed on fuel systems.
12. Fuel lines, power steering lines and fittings running through driver's compartment must be of approved type, braided lines recommended. No cast iron fittings.
13. Wheels must have a minimum of five lug nuts. No knock off hubs. Right front must be an approved hub.
14. No glass bowl allowed on fuel pump,
15. Exhaust headers must be safe for driver and exit past driver's seat.
16. No mirrors or 2 way radios allowed.
17. All cars should be neatly painted and carry numbers at least 18" high on both doors.
18. There shall be no solid blue or black paint jobs. All dark color cars shall have contrasting light colors some where else on the car.
19. Inspector reserves the right to request body sheet metal to be replaced and painted should it get beat out to badly.
20. A reinforcing member of the same kind and size material as that used in the rolicage, or chassis shall be installed to the rear of the fuel cell, joining the rear most portion of the chassis. Fuel cells must be secured by at least two steel straps, each strap must be a minimum of I" wide. Each strap must be bolted with at least two 5/16" 3 line bolts, there must be a one way safety valve In vent line. Fuel cells must be mounted behind driver. 21. Mandatory fuel shut off valve within easy reach of driver, shall be labeled ON/OFF with a bright colored paint. 22. All vehicles shall have an ignition switch which Is easily accessible within the drivers compartment. The ignition switch should
be labeled ON/OFF with bright paint. All cars should have disconnect switch, accessible by safety crew,
23. Two throttle return springs and a steel toe loop on gas pedal is recommended.
24. No air jacks for any divisions.
25. NO drums for fuel on track premises.
26. Racing seat, fuel cell and neck brace mandatory.
27. All crews must carry operable fire extinguishers.
28 All fuel filters must be steel, not plastic.
29. All weights must be painted white, with car number on weights.